Double-Din Video Head-Unit in 2003 Pathy

Trancebear

I am looking to install an aftermarket stereo in my 2003 Pathy and would like to get ideas about going with 1-din or 2-din. I will be either the Clarion Max685BT which is the double-din 7" video screen or the vrx785BT which is the single-din with the flip-out 7" video screen. Does anybody have a single-din video screen in their R-50? I know it will block the A/C controls but can you still get to them? I am afraid if I go with the 2-din unit the screen is mounted too low to use the unit. Bottom line if any of you guys have pics of either video/stereo sizes in your Pathy please post here or send me a link. Below are pictures of the 2 stereos. The features of the 2 stereos are the same.

MAX685BT-US_51.jpg

VRX785BT-US_51.jpg

Edited by Trancebear

i have a kenwood in my 02 and it is freakin awesome! fits perfectly and is a great distraction in rush hour. Seriously well worth the money and i had a fold down screen put in the back for when i am haulin other people around.

post-4902-1218310736_thumb.jpg

i have a kenwood in my 02 and it is freakin awesome! fits perfectly and is a great distraction in rush hour. Seriously well worth the money and i had a fold down screen put in the back for when i am haulin other people around.

Do you by chance have a pic of it installed? That is what I am looking for.

no it is not hard to read at all it has adjustable brightness, and you can adjust the tilt on the face to cut down on glare. There are very few instances when there is direct sunlight on it and you have move your head a little but other than that it is great. I especially like that it is not a flip up screen because that would cover the a/c controls and it looks more like a factory unit.

no it is not hard to read at all it has adjustable brightness, and you can adjust the tilt on the face to cut down on glare. There are very few instances when there is direct sunlight on it and you have move your head a little but other than that it is great. I especially like that it is not a flip up screen because that would cover the a/c controls and it looks more like a factory unit.

Hey buddy, thanks for all the info, I am kinda leaning towards the double-din model. I just wish I could see how much the flip-up model covered the controls but then again I don't want my Pathy looking like a gangsta ride..lol

I can get either for $440 and the double-din model would be cheaper to install. Are you using the video bypass module? Which one did you go with?

Edited by Trancebear