'03 Chilkoot, need fender flares

So after putting the new wheels and tires on my '03 Chilkoot they're sticking out almost 2" past the wheel well. I've looked through several forums now and can't find a fender flare anywhere that would fit an R51 Pathfinder or QX4. Anyone find them? Black or silver will work. Thanks in advance.

R50 or R51? you could always do some bushwackers that arent brad specific. Is there a reason that you need them or do you just want them?

Edited by csutke

So after putting the new wheels and tires on my '03 Chilkoot they're sticking out almost 2" past the wheel well. I've looked through several forums now and can't find a fender flare anywhere that would fit an R51 Pathfinder or QX4. Anyone find them? Black or silver will work. Thanks in advance.

R50, I had the exact same problem as I have an 03 chilkoot as well. I ended up just goin with the bushwackers street style dosent give you much tire coverage but gives the truck more appeal. You can also try AC customizers I talked to the guy and he told me they have flares for the 96-99 pathfinders with 1.5" tire coverage, dont mind the years though bushwacker claims there flares are for the 96-99 pathfinders but still fit on mine. good luck

R50, I had the exact same problem as I have an 03 chilkoot as well. I ended up just goin with the bushwackers street style dosent give you much tire coverage but gives the truck more appeal. You can also try AC customizers I talked to the guy and he told me they have flares for the 96-99 pathfinders with 1.5" tire coverage, dont mind the years though bushwacker claims there flares are for the 96-99 pathfinders but still fit on mine. good luck

Oops sorry, I did mean R50. Yeah I've seen the Street Style Bushwackers but definately not enough coverage for how far my tires stick out (I'm also going to have to heat gun the front fenders slightly to account for some rub). I'm aiming mainly for function here, however I don't want to kill the form. Preferable would be 1.5"-2" wide with a wall height of 2"-3". I'll check AC, though things aren't looking very hopeful.

I've also come across these Pacer Universal flares, not sure if anyone out there has tried them or seen them. I'd be looking to do the surface mount extensions if I were to purchase:

I_141414_CL_1.jpg

Yeah, last week as a matter of fact. Ordered the Pacer surface mount hoping to bend up the mounting lip for some extra clearance and get some better coverage for my swampers. Sorry to say, that they're not worth drilling into your body for. They provide no extra coverage over stock. None. I mocked them up, realized they just didn't help any, and returned them. I plan to just remount the stocks, perhaps modify them in some way where the lip is to get more clearance. As for more coverage, i can only offer you this. There's that rubber lawn edger stuff that you can get at a garden center. I've seen on some forums people use that to extend their flares. Not the greatest option, but what else have we got? I already emailed bushwacker for their extended flares, seeing as they already make the street style. All i got back was the generic " we'll forward your suggestion to the appropriate department". Maybe if more of us emailed showing an interest?

Good Luck.

Let us know if you find anything.

Pete

• 1 year later...

I'm waiting for my order of Flexy Flares to arrive tomorrow. Since I recently added some American Racing 767's (15x8), the 31x10.5's now stick out almost 3 inches past the sheet metal. I have a '98 XE.

For any of you with experiece with these (or anything similar), is there a recommended way to install these? Do you just start from one end and go around the wheelwell? Or is it better to start in the center and move outwards? I'm sure it's easy, but I'm one of those 'measure twice cut once' kinda guys.

Thanks!

Al