Howdy

westslope

My name is Erik. My wife and I live in the Greater Vancouver area of British Columbia.

We own a '93 pathie that we bought in 1999 at 54,000 km, lady and city-driven with no scratches underneath. It was purchased after a particularly rough, rutty road near Kamloops, BC, pushed the right-rear shock strut through the uni-chassis body of our '87 Nissan Sentra wagon. (Man, I used to whiz by folks in SUVs in that vehicle all the time!)

I like to flyfish, backpack, scramble up non-technical mountains, canoe. Usually I like to drive to spot X, park and then self-propel. I suppose I have a tonne of bush skills.

The pathfinder doesn't really help catch more fish but it does help me get into some great wild camping spots. Unfortunately many of BC's public campgrounds--including the BC forest service camp site--are just plain ugly. Garbage, noisy, obnoxious people running around in ATVs and firing off chain-saws or bear-bangers at all hours.

Edited by westslope

Thanks! Yes, been searching, almost obsessively. Have been posting too, perhaps too much for a greenhorn newbie. I do see a number of BC members.

I should post a picture of the pathie somewhere in a beautiful spot in the interior.

I know it sounds selfish and miserly, but I'm looking forward to empty backcountry later this year. Bring on those high fuel prices! :itsallgood:

:laugh: you're like me. when you want to get away, you mean AWAY.... that means AWAY from people, noise, pollution and humanity.

welcome to the family! :beer:

Hello fellow BC'er.

I'm hopin the same about the gas prices too.

Maybe keep some of the idiots not so far in the bush.

Maybe see ya wheelin some time.

I'm in the fraser valley.

I know it sounds selfish and miserly, but I'm looking forward to empty backcountry later this year. Bring on those high fuel prices! :itsallgood:

Never thought of it that way, a few less yahoo's on the trails is a good thing!

Welcome to NPORA!