Kinda long question (NEED HELP!)

scarboy

it's way easier to just pull the engine. i had to drop the diff on mini (5 speed) both times i pulled the engines but with the lift on king (he's auto) i didn't.

Edited by Slick

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still doing mine...

I need to know what is the best route..

Should I just pull the engine/tranny together, or pull the engine out and then the tranny?

And when I install it, put the tranny on the engine before I put it back in?

Hey dude

I did my first engine swap at 17 in a 77 chevy blazer...and I'm still am a Life Guard...Water Counrty, Portsmouth NH

In all fairness BIG BIG diff between a 77 blazer and a 91 pathy. Still a motor swap when your 17 on your own is an accomplishment all in itself.

BTW: I'm a seventeen year old kid doing the swap. The only other things I have done to my pathfinder are a timing belt and pulling the intake manifold. I am paying for this myself with my job as a lifeguard, and doing all the labor alone!

i got my first nissan (datsun back then) at 15 it was a 1967 520 pickup, had an a13 engine in it. used to help my dad on it when i was younger than that. it had around 400,000 miles on it when i got it. i swapped out the entire cab and body all by myself. its good that you're starting young with big projects... its less likely you will become one of the bolt-on generation that cant build anything unless it comes in a kit.

simply put... the tranny can be disconnected with 8 or so bolts on the housing and some bolts on the flywheel (access through the starter hole). IT IS MUCH EASIER TO PULL THE ENGINE WITHOUT THE ADDED WEIGHT AND LENGTH OF THE TRANNY. Remove enough fo the front to allow room to slide the engine forward to disconenct and tip it up and out. A jack under the tranny will help too.

Ok. SO my swap is off. I cant get the title for the red pathy so im just going to make mine into a bad ass offroad toy!

We wiss see how that goes :crossedwires:

you cant file for lost title? another way around it is to find a friend at a wrecking yard, have them pick it up as "an abandoned vehicle" wait till they process it and buy it back from them. the wrecking yards can issue a new title on the spot with an abandoned vehicle sale.