Wheel Question

I realize this has probably been asked lots but i just can't seem to find it. I'm looking at buying a set of the Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Wheels 15 X 8, The rim has a 3 5/16" backspace and -30 mm offset but need to know if the tires I currently have are going to try and make their own room or not. Or if i have to modify anything (other than lifting it, i'm working o that next) I have Dick Cepeck Crushers 31 X 10.5 R15's on stock suspension and have yet to make them rub.

I realize this has probably been asked lots but i just can't seem to find it. I'm looking at buying a set of the Mickey Thompson Classic Lock Wheels 15 X 8, The rim has a 3 5/16" backspace and -30 mm offset but need to know if the tires I currently have are going to try and make their own room or not. Or if i have to modify anything (other than lifting it, i'm working o that next) I have Dick Cepeck Crushers 31 X 10.5 R15's on stock suspension and have yet to make them rub.

Those wheels have insufficient backspacing to prevent rubbing. They stick out too far, which will make the tires rub the rear of the front fenders, and possibly cause the rear tires to contact the upper lip of the rear fenders when the axle fully articulates. For a 15x8 wheel, I would recommend minimum of 3.75" and maximum of 4" BS.

Thats what i needed to know thanks :) Wanted to make sure before i spent the money.

but another stupid question.. i know what the backspacing means but what is the offset?

Edited by 98ChilkootTrail