greetings from the pnw

hello all. alex here from the beautiful PNW. currently i have never owned a nissan and am slightly in the market. i am a skilled subaru mechanic and love them to death but i want something diesel, hence why i am here. i always thought pathfinders were very interesting vehicles, and the question(s) i wanted to ask everyone before i make a decision on my next car is... how is a diesel swap into a pathfinder? i am looking for a pathfinder with a bad engine, diesel engines im looking at are TD27 and a RD28. both engines i found on ebay. since i am not knowledgeable about nissans i am not sure if these are correct engines? main question is how easy is the swap? do the mounts bellhousing line up? and are these engines driven by an injection pump or ecu? last one, are these engines capable of running SVO or WVO? i know all diesels are but some are better than others! thanks in advance for any replies i get to help me cause!

hello all. alex here from the beautiful PNW. currently i have never owned a nissan and am slightly in the market. i am a skilled subaru mechanic and love them to death but i want something diesel, hence why i am here. i always thought pathfinders were very interesting vehicles, and the question(s) i wanted to ask everyone before i make a decision on my next car is... how is a diesel swap into a pathfinder? i am looking for a pathfinder with a bad engine, diesel engines im looking at are TD27 and a RD28. both engines i found on ebay. since i am not knowledgeable about nissans i am not sure if these are correct engines? main question is how easy is the swap? do the mounts bellhousing line up? and are these engines driven by an injection pump or ecu? last one, are these engines capable of running SVO or WVO? i know all diesels are but some are better than others! thanks in advance for any replies i get to help me cause!

If your not already aware the Terrano has a factory TD27 and TD27T. BTW is "RD28" supposed to LD28, I've only ever heard of LD28's here. 2.8L straight six.

Maybe search the word "Diesel" here and see what it comes up with. The TD27T that was in my 94 had an injector pump, but also some strange other stuff, like an ECU sized object with about 10 wires coming from it. If you can't find out much you could try PM'ing "Kiwipete" as he has a Diesel Terrano. He might be able to assist more than I.

Find a country that's close to you that has Diesel Pathfinders and Pick up a wreck.

Oh and Welcome WAVEY