Custom R50 Rear Bumper

PDCCD

Well, with allot of help from various people to include Arcano, Pezzy, Xplorx4, and some of my co-workers, here's how i spent my holiday weekend

img1260yk0.th.jpg

img1242sp5.th.jpg

img1240sk7.th.jpg

img1253gs7.th.jpg

img1248nb1.th.jpg

Arcano was a big help with his pics and google sketchup file, and you can see his influence in my design, but i've gone my own way on allot of details and didn't use his dimensions often, but his pics helped a ton.

It's 1/4" thick mostly bent steel. It's too friggin heavy, but the steel was drop from work and free, so eh. I would advise anyone who finds a shop to make one for a grand or so, pay them and thank them. I can see how to do this perfectly it would take a shop of guys a week. I worked mostly alone so far, and it was a PITA! I keep finding little things that aren't perfect or i wish i might have done different. But for a first fab of this kind for me, i'm pretty happy so far. I usually work from engineered prints, not much of a concept guy. So anyway, i've got a bunch to do still, but most of the hard work is done...I hope LOL.

On my to do list is to obviously decide on a swing away arm and fab it, figure out which style of clevis anchors i want to use and put them on, trim the side panels to flow with the fender flares better, and then i'll be done. Opinions welcome, and if anyone wants more pics, i've got tons, i can email them or if someone knows where i can host them let me know.

Edited by PDCCD

Thanks Guys! I put allot into it so far. I couldn't wait to post it up here to see what you all thought. I cut the side pieces yesterday to flow better with the fender, looks much better I think. I plan to order the steel for the tire carrier tomorrow and hope to have that done by the end of next weekend. I only worry now that it will be just too heavy. I plan to build it, and if it doesn't feel right, i'll just cut it off and try something else. :crossedwires:

Edited by PDCCD