gear backlash specs please.

goatcola

I have decided to take on the task of doing my gears myself, however I can not seem to find any specs on the gear mesh backlash and torque specs for the various components in the diff. If any one knows the info or where to obtain it, it would be greatly appreciated. I already installed the rear 5.14 gears and (lock right) locker, works amazing. I am getting ready to tackle the front tommorow. Thanks.

Chance

Edited by goatcola

Ring gear to drive pinion backlash:

0.15-0.20mm (0.0059-0.0079 in)

This is for 94 H233B rear diff...

Thanks. I set it at 0.0065. so I guess that is within the specs. Where did you find that info?

Thanks. I set it at 0.0065. so I guess that is within the specs. Where did you find that info?

He's a Nissan tech IIRC, so probably the FSM. ;)

That would be correct 88. Well, actually a Infiniti tech now, but I still have access to pretty much anything nissan 94 and newer. Plus I have access to AllData online. Glad I could help. Did you put some grease on the gears and give her a spin to see how and where the gears mesh? If you set it up correctly you should be fine reguardless.

That would be correct 88. Well, actually a Infiniti tech now, but I still have access to pretty much anything nissan 94 and newer. Plus I have access to AllData online. Glad I could help. Did you put some grease on the gears and give her a spin to see how and where the gears mesh? If you set it up correctly you should be fine reguardless.

I did and everything looked good. It also only needs to last for a few more months until I get a chance to do my SAS. I have a D44 out of 80's wagoneer on the way. thanks for the help.

why are you going to pull a strong axle out and put a weak one in? the H233B is much stronger than a D44

the dana is replacing the IFS. I am going to run that h233 untill it blowes up.