Sunroof Shade

Finally got a sunroof shade and I'm not sure on the connection to the sunroof. Is my shade missing something, or is my sunroof missing something? The shade has a connection the looks like it screws on to something. The sunroof has a connection that looks like something should snap to it.

Here is the shade

IMG_0341.jpg

Here is the sunroof

IMG_0343.jpg

Were there different shade/connections for the different years?

Finally got a sunroof shade and I'm not sure on the connection to the sunroof. Is my shade missing something, or is my sunroof missing something? The shade has a connection the looks like it screws on to something. The sunroof has a connection that looks like something should snap to it.

Here is the shade

IMG_0341.jpg

Here is the sunroof

IMG_0343.jpg

Were there different shade/connections for the different years?

The shade should screw in to the two locations, one of which is shown in your second pic. The connecting screws are shown in your first pic. To screw them in you just turn the plastic knob on the other side of the connector. IIRC there is also one or two slide in connectors on the opposite end of the shade to hold it steadily in place. These should be slid in before tightening the screws of course

;-).

I dont know about different connections for different years.

The shade should screw in to the two locations, one of which is shown in your second pic. The connecting screws are shown in your first pic. To screw them in you just turn the plastic knob on the other side of the connector. IIRC there is also one or two slide in connectors on the opposite end of the shade to hold it steadily in place. These should be slid in before tightening the screws of course

;-).

I dont know about different connections for different years.

Yeah, I don't know. It doesn't screw in, there is nothing for the threads to make contact with on the sunroof itself.

Yeah I just went back downstairs to look at it(Wanted to make sure I'm not losing my mind). No way the shade is going to screw on to the sunroof. My guess is the sunroof is missing something?