Will an 02 sensor from an 89 work in my 95?

22690-12G02 is the part number I've got, and it's from an 89.

My rig is a 95. The connectors are the same, but I want to make sure that pipe thread is the same size before I buy it.

I know a guy that bought the sensor new and his Pathy died before he put it in and the stealership wouldn't let him return it (electrical part) so he has it for sale for half of what it would cost me new.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

22690-12G02 is the part number I've got, and it's from an 89.

My rig is a 95. The connectors are the same, but I want to make sure that pipe thread is the same size before I buy it.

I know a guy that bought the sensor new and his Pathy died before he put it in and the stealership wouldn't let him return it (electrical part) so he has it for sale for half of what it would cost me new.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

no, it won't work. 90+ up is a 3 wire sensor, 87-89 is 2 wire. i should know...... i had an 88 and wanted to put the o2 sensor in my 91. not gunna happen without some soldering and hacking... and then i wouldn't do it

no, it won't work. 90+ up is a 3 wire sensor, 87-89 is 2 wire. i should know...... i had an 88 and wanted to put the o2 sensor in my 91. not gunna happen without some soldering and hacking... and then i wouldn't do it

Ok, odd part is that the one from the 89 has 3 wires, a red a black and a blue. Mine has white black and white.

When I googled the part number this is what I came up with. http://www.yiparts.com/data/Mode/NISSAN/Ox...102c5bc853.html

Any ideas?

Ok, the part that he has does have two different connectors on it. One is the rectangular connection with 3 pins and the other is a small barrel type connector with one pin going to it.

I am assuming that the barrel type is for the 89 and older??

Thanks again.

Chris

Ok, the part that he has does have two different connectors on it. One is the rectangular connection with 3 pins and the other is a small barrel type connector with one pin going to it.

I am assuming that the barrel type is for the 89 and older??

Thanks again.

Chris

my '89 uesd NGK part no. NGK-24602. keep in mind the part no. will be differant depending on the brand and even the supplier. The sensor itself had 2 pugs attached to it (one rectange and one round) and they both plug into the vehicle. I'm pretty sure the 90+ models are differant, an don't they use 2? One before and after the cat?

The part number is from a Nissan dealer. I do understand that the numbers will be different depending on which manufacturer and or supplier.

So you are saying that the round, barrel type connector plugged in as well as the rectangular one on your 89? Both of them are used? I was hoping that it was more of a universal unit that would work for one type of connector or the other.

87-89 VG30i O2 sensors are 3-wire heated sensors. I think there's only one sensor on 90-95 VG30E's, too. The 4-cyl sensor may be a two-wire sensor, I don't remember.

I don't mean to sound rude, but are you saying that you think it's going to work or not? I re-read what you posted but am not sure if you are agreeing or disagreeing.

Thanks

Chris

what i meant to say was: the 87-89 are 3 wire (red, black n blue) 90-95 as i know it are 4 wire...red, black, white n blue. or some combo like that, and yes, the connectors are different.

i had actually started a topic asking this precise question late last year.

what i meant to say was: the 87-89 are 3 wire (red, black n blue) 90-95 as i know it are 4 wire...red, black, white n blue. or some combo like that, and yes, the connectors are different.

i had actually started a topic asking this precise question late last year.

]

Ok, damn. My 95 has 3 wires.

I searched the topic, but my case is time sensitive and I had to just ask instead of weeding through a ton of topics.

Thanks for the help. It is really appreciated.