Post-Body Lift Front Bumper Reinstallation

statikuz

Just lookin' for a quick answer to this one. =) I removed the front bumper along with the brackets, to reinstall, you bolt the four gold brackets they give you in the kit to the holes in the frame, and then slide the bumper back in the bolt the brackets together, right? Does that make any sense? ;)

This is still being a major PITA... I can't quite figure how the new brackets work out... does anyone have a picture of how theirs is set up? Any other tips on making this easier? I'd just ditch the front bumper but unfortunately it has my turn signals in it. :)

ok ... those gold brackets get bolted to the outside of the origional holes which are accessible through the wheel well using the original bolts... the gold brackets should also be pointing STAIGHT UP to the sky ...

after you have those bolted in, then push the bumper mounting brackets through the original holes in the front of your rig ... it should become very obvious from that point ...

when you mount the gold tabs, be sure that they aren't all lock tighted in there or anything ... you will still need to adjust them to make it look right ..

Alrighty thanks, that's basically what I was doing, but according to my observations, I'm gonna have to modify three of the four brackets to even get them to fit on right... like Cuong said, both of the upper mounting brackets have to be ground or cut down for them to fit right up against the frame-mounted bracket. Man, these things have to be right up there with some of the most poorly designed stuff I've ever seen. =) I'd still like to see a pic from anyone who's done it...

That's about what I'm going to have to do at this point too. =) Either that or have a shop make me some brackets that'll fit... for some reason there's just physically not enough room for all the brackets to fit and be bolted together on the passenger side... hacked at it pretty much all day today and didn't get any further... has anyone else had new brackets fabbed up? What did you tell the shop people?

In other news: the rear bumper was a piece of cake. =P