98 Pathfinder Console into a 91?

Bart68

I was at one of the local auto wreckers and I was looking a console from a 98 Pathfinder with cup holders and I was wondering if anyone has done this? I know that the ebrake has to be moved over but what about the auto shifter? Do I need to rig in the one from the 98 or will the one from my 91 work and not leave big gaps? It really blows not having a place for my Timmies coffee...

I have read the posts about the Jeep console but I have the auto and I don't want the big ugly gap.

Edited by Bart68

i doubt it.. search the forums for "cupholders" threads.. this subject was beat to death a few years ago.

Actually I did and I can't find one that talks about that application.

O.K. so I went to the wreckers and pulled one from a 98 Pathfinder and stuck into a 94 pathfinder and here are the problems I came up with.

A little wide (about the same as the JGC. console.

The auto shifter needs to go ahead a couple of inches and just a bit over to the passenger side.

The relocation of the E-brake handle just like the JGC.

Other than not knowing if it's possible to relocate the shifter it looks like it would be a great fit and it would look good.

PLMK if someone out there has relocated the Auto trans shifter in their Pathfinder.