Idles funny and kills while driving HELP!

Paffphinder1989

So I was driving down the road the other day, and at a stoplight the Pathfinder started acting funny.

The idle drops from normal operation, to where it almost kills, and I have to keep giving it gas to keep her from dying.

This has happened before, but not to where it actually killed the truck while I was driving. The exhaust was sputtering and it kept getting little surges of power, then I did not even notice that the truck shut off, until I couldn't steer. Once I restarted her she ran fine!? :shrug: She did the same thing again yesterday too... Please help I am confused. I was thinking of checking codes when I can find what board it is in... Thanks!

My dad thinks it may be the egr valve??

Edited by Paffphinder1989

So I was driving down the road the other day, and at a stoplight the Pathfinder started acting funny.

The idle drops from normal operation, to where it almost kills, and I have to keep giving it gas to keep her from dying.

This has happened before, but not to where it actually killed the truck while I was driving. The exhaust was sputtering and it kept getting little surges of power, then I did not even notice that the truck shut off, until I couldn't steer. Once I restarted her she ran fine!? :shrug: She did the same thing again yesterday too... Please help I am confused. I was thinking of checking codes when I can find what board it is in... Thanks!

My dad thinks it may be the egr valve??

isnt the egr valve only for emissions? and i dont think it would really matter? :shiftyeyes:

Mafs?

Offtopic here, but are those mossy oak seat covers you have waterproof?

isnt the egr valve only for emissions? and i dont think it would really matter? :shiftyeyes:

Mafs?

Offtopic here, but are those mossy oak seat covers you have waterproof?

I'm not sure if they are to be completely honest, but I believe they are water and spill resistant but not waterproof, water and liquid bead up on them, and you can wipe them off if you are quick enough, but stuff will soak through if you let it sit.

if it was a shot injector why woudl it bog? it would jsut be running on 5cyl... and just have loss of power, not cut out all power and kill the thing? :handlebars:

not necessarily.. you;d be suprised the symptoms a bad injector can cause....

I think I will try and get a video up somewhere of it doing it, revs drop from about 1200 to about 200, then shoot back up and down constantly... :unsure:

vaccum leak

Now I drove the truck again today and it was fine?! I don't understand why it is so inconsistent?

What do you guys suggest I do to see if its a vacuum leak or something else?