4WD Clunking

ShadowManR6

So was having a weird clunking/dipping reaction on the drivers side only from my 4wd whenever i would try and go to the left, thought it had something to do with my blown cv joint on that side, replaced. Now i thought i'd try again and it is still doing it, i am able to turn right and move, or move forward center and get nothing wrong, but minute i attempt to go towards the left i get a weird clunking sound and dipping motion from drivers side. I am able to move perfectly normal in 2wd, left right foward, doesn't matter. don't have anyone able to drive my truck and let me watch yet, but any ideas what it might be before hand?

Edited by ShadowManR6

you could probably jack the vehicle up and spin the tire to see whats loose...other than that it could be a compression rod and check that the CV is tightened up at both the axle and the snap ring and all that is installed correctly on the hub...I'm sure if something is wrong and you jack it up and remove the tire you'll see it right out...

you could probably jack the vehicle up and spin the tire to see whats loose...other than that it could be a compression rod and check that the CV is tightened up at both the axle and the snap ring and all that is installed correctly on the hub...I'm sure if something is wrong and you jack it up and remove the tire you'll see it right out...

well i had replaced the cv axle thinking the clunking was because of that, so once i put the new axle on also got locking hubs while i was at it, so it's all fresh hubs over the auto, but the fact that it only does it in 4wd and not 2wd has me worried, but i'll jack it up and take a look