AT to MT swap?

Hi all-

I am considering getting a Pathfinder again (I had one several yrs ago & loved it :D ).

I have an eye out for a nice one:

89 Pathfinder

I think that it is a little pricey, esp with the tranny troubles. :contract:

No offense to anyone, but AT drives me nuts! -thnkboutit-

Can a MT be swapped into a Pathfinder with relative ease?

Or does it open a whole can of worms that is just not worth it?:shrug:

Cheers

:beer:

Z_Pilot

BTW- I searched through hundreds of posts on several message boards and came up with nothing.

just a matter of bolting the new one on really ... then you'll have to consider things like back up switch, 4x4 engage light switch and the likes ...

You'ld have to install a clutch pedal as well :secret:

Im In the midst of Installing one now. I have an 87. basically, as long as you have your Reverse Light switch, and Netural Saftey Switch Hooked up you should be A ok. I bypassed my Inhibit Switch alltogether and ran a Signal Wire from the Start position of the key directly to the starter. Might i suggest while you are in there, Replace the Rear Main Seal. I havent Gotten to the Driveshafts yet, but i got mine complete with Shafts and Such. Ill have some Pics soon of the Changeover.

Good Luck!!!

PS, The Clutch Pedal is a PAIN if you DONT Pull the Pedal Pin out!! ( not the Pin that holds the Slave Cyl to the Pedal, but the Pin that the Pedal Rides on. If thats off, its a sinch!)

• 2 weeks later...

WOW mang where is that located ? That has to be US dollar value? Right?

Too bad i would love to flip the 5 speed into that and the Mud terrains on it also.

But not happening..

Mud terrains are not that bad at all on the road mine run silent funny enuff?? :rolleyes:

If my pf gets parted out i will lay the manual your way? If it gets parted?