fuel gauge issue

nunya

My fuel gauge is stuck on empty, I tried jumping the terminals on the back of the instrument cluster that Mitchel On Demand said were for it(if that is even right) and it still didn't budge. All my other gauges work fine but I have come to find that someone before me didn't exactly do well with wiring(miles of wires jumping things and left as perminant fixes unstead of just fixing things) My thoughts are bad gauge but was not sure and wanted to get some other ideas before I try to hunt down a whole cluster. Thanks in advance.

My fuel gauge is stuck on empty, I tried jumping the terminals on the back of the instrument cluster that Mitchel On Demand said were for it(if that is even right) and it still didn't budge. All my other gauges work fine but I have come to find that someone before me didn't exactly do well with wiring(miles of wires jumping things and left as perminant fixes unstead of just fixing things) My thoughts are bad gauge but was not sure and wanted to get some other ideas before I try to hunt down a whole cluster. Thanks in advance.

i have a cluster for 40 shipped

Well its not the gauge cluster, I now have an extra one of those, the wiring looks intact at the float assembly, used a test light though and only have power to 1 wire with the truck running(figuring that it is the power side of the fuel pump). Looks like I am tracing wires now, which seems to be common as I find more and more stuff jumped off of stuff after lifting the rear carpet.