Newbie in Indiana

indyrat

Hi all,

I'm totally new to the Pathfinder world. I've been an XJ guy up to this point, but I found a used 95 Pathfinder at a great price, fell in love with it, and wound up coming home with a truck that is very different from everything I have ever known, , but was so well put together I couldn't resist it. I'm hoping to learn a lot about my new species of vehicle!

the pathy will serve you well as long as you take care of her and especially if you have an auto trans...... tough little trucks :aok:

Seems to be a great little wagon... Auto trans, 4wd, previous owner was a little old guy who took great care of her (rustproofing every year, dealership check ups, the whole nine hogs). I replaced the boots on the halfshafts, put new inner and outer tierods, adjuster sleeves, and front lower ball joints on it, and it seems about perfect other than that.

Seems to be a great little wagon... Auto trans, 4wd, previous owner was a little old guy who took great care of her (rustproofing every year, dealership check ups, the whole nine hogs). I replaced the boots on the halfshafts, put new inner and outer tierods, adjuster sleeves, and front lower ball joints on it, and it seems about perfect other than that.

get an external trans cooler on her ASAP. it is the pathy's 1 failing point on the autos. they tend to cook themselves with the factory cooler :aok:

*MZ* lmao, leave me alone, my doc gave me a shot of SOMETHING yesterday and i have been retarded ever since... :tonguefinger:

Edited by Slick

Thanks for the tip! I also want to lift it; I've never had to deal with coil springs on the rear axle, is this why suspension lift kits are only available in 1 3/4" for this model? The seller's mechanic already replaced the auto adjusters with conventional gas shocks, so that shouldn't be a problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip! I also want to lift it; I've never had to deal with coil springs on the rear axle, is this why suspension lift kits are only available in 1 3/4" for this model? The seller's mechanic already replaced the auto adjusters with conventional gas shocks, so that shouldn't be a problem. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

most people don't use the adjustables once they die. as for lifting these trucks. erm. have a look at king (my truck ont he left) and read my sig.......

the ONLY thing that hurts these trucks off road is the IFS.. no matter how high you lfit, (you can go as high as 7" of lift on 35's) unless you go SAS, you will always have flex issues up front....

most of us remove the rear sway bar for ultimate rear flex.

these trucks don't NEED to be any bigger than what King is...... if you are a hardcore rock crawler.. SAS and exo cage it and give it hell..... check out the pics n vids section if you wanna see some bad ass rigs, also check out truck of the month :sly:

these trucks are extremely able on and off road, with a low CoG, they kick ass....

welcome dude.

slick, the extra quart for the auto trans? hmm

anyway, rat, t-belt also needs changing at 110k mi so if you're close, do it.

the rear spring lift, is using a grand cherokee's front coils from certain years. all that info is in here somewhere.. garage or wd21 area.

oh yeah, which side of town are you on? ;)

Timing belt already changed at 120. As for springs, I 'll do some jeep diging... Thanks for the tip. Near East side here, how about you? Never heard of the extra trans fluid, please explain. Seems like everyone has lifts for 87-92, what's the change inover the years?

sweet, now there are like 3 of us in central IN.

And two on the east side of indy... that's awesome! I''ll post some pictures when I get some taken... pretty straight stock right now, but hopefully she'll get cooler with time :aok:

Thank you all for your kind welcomes and advice!