Camping (tent) Northwest Washington Ideas

ILoveMyPatty

Okay well, my girlfriend and I are making our way down to Washington at the end of April for a 4-5 day trip to see my family and do some shopping and such. We'll be leaving here (Kamloops BC) on April 28th and heading down to my Grandfathers place on Whidby Island via Deception Pass for that night, then heading to Seattle/Bothel/Bellevue to see more family the following day, and will stay there for a couple nights. On our way home, I had the idea of camping somewhere the night of May 1st, just because we like the outdoors and it would be nice to do something different. We don't have a trailer... so we'll be tenting it somewhere. I'm looking for a place that has alot of sites for people with tents, and less RVs and such. I looked into several parks on the coast, north of Seattle including Deception Pass, Larrabee and Birch Bay with no luck. Does anyone have an idea for a campsite in the northwest corner of Washington? We might be taking my girlfriends Subaru, so there goes the idea of going offroad for a camp.... but if the Pathy is road worthy by then we shall take it.

*waits for Casey.T and others to chime in....*

Thanks!

lol, most of the places i used to go are now all blocked off...

Cranberry lake(I think thats it) there at Deception is great Flyfishing that time of year. I would not recommend anything along the I-5 corridor... little farther east or west... 7 lakes area south of Arlington, Nothing in Bothell, Woodinville or Bellevue for that matter... The Park there in Issaquah on the south end of Lake Sammamish used to have some places... Farther east on I-90.

Camp at the Relatives and sight see from there.... Take the Subaru... 30mpg vs 20 if your lucky...

Is Cranberry Lake the lake just north of the island, on the mainland? Fly Fishing is right up my alley. I'm always down in the Seattle area, so it's nothing major for me. I just wanted a nice-ish place to camp so my girlfriend would get to both shop, and enjoy the outdoors. I'm sure we could go east of I-5, and camp somewhere in central/northern Washington. That would be nice, since I haven't crossed the border anywhere other than the Peace Arch and Sumas.

The only reason we would be taking the Pathy is if I were to order my headers from Summit, and my AC lift as well. There's not enough room in Subi to carry everything including my girlfriends Lulu Lemon shopping spree stuff, and my Carhartt stuff in addition to my headers and lift.

I made a trip down with the Pathy and got 19mpg from Kamloops to Sumas, on the Coquihalla (stupid steep climbs thru the mountains) and 29mpg from Sumas to Aberdeen or Montesano... can't remember which.

So I should look somewhere east of I-5, or I-90 then?

Deception pass bro... then your like.. 10 min from my house :handlebars:

and if your lucky, i might beable to take you on the boat (right next to deception pass) under the bridge :D lol

Edited by Nissyota88

Haha sweet man. I didn't even notice you're from Oak Harbor. I go to Freeland all the time to visit my grandparents. Next time I'm cruisin down with the Pathy I'll get ahold of you and we can go wheel for a day or somethin.

If Deception pass had some openings for tents, then we'd stay there... but it doesn't look like they do.

Haha sweet man. I didn't even notice you're from Oak Harbor. I go to Freeland all the time to visit my grandparents. Next time I'm cruisin down with the Pathy I'll get ahold of you and we can go wheel for a day or somethin.

If Deception pass had some openings for tents, then we'd stay there... but it doesn't look like they do.

No places to wheel on the island dude.. lol but ya hit me up next time :handlebars: