2000 PF auto door locks

MarkA

Just got back from a 10 day camping trip and I must say I've had it with the hyperactive security system in my 1999.5 LX. The doors lock automatically after a short period of time, whether a door is open or not. This makes it very frustrating for 2 people to load/unload the vehicle, as I kept having to dig the remote out of my pocket to unlock the doors. Is there any way to disable or even temporarily override this "feature", or event the whole alarm system? I can't find anything in the owner's manual. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

It seems to be stock - uses the stock NISSAN keyless remote and all. Maybe it's a malfunction, though the AAA locksmith that came to my rescue when the car wash guys locked the keys in the ignition told me he'd seen it many times before...

Do you have an aftermarket alarm system?

My 1999.5 with power locks does not do that.

I know that all Infiniti vehicles do not have any automatic locking features. I would assume that if the Infiniti's don't have it stock, the Nissan counterparts wouldn't either. Sounds like a malfunction or you have some aftermarket system.

My 2001 SE sometimes locks by itself. My security system is stock. I agree that it's a nuisance while camping. I've never seen it self-lock when the doors are open, but a few times it did when we were sleeping inside, after about 15minutes of inactivity. If we then manually unlocked a door from the inside, the alarm would go off and make us the campground pariahs. We had to remember to use the remote to unlock them.

I never believed it was malfunctioning, and just chalked it up to us not "understanding" the security system. Admittedly, I haven't thoroughly looked into this to see if the behavior is consistent.