Faulty Fuse

ILoveMyPatty

Okay, well as most of you know.. I had an electrical issue with the 12v(+) constant for my stereo when it grounded out and melted the insulation off, all the way from the glovebox area to the fuse panel.

I checked the Radio fuse, and it was fine. Turns out that the legend on the panel lid is wrong, and it was a completely different fuse. It was a 10A fuse, and it didn't do its job. I removed my dash, and looked thru the windshield to find the big bundle of wires running along the bottom of the windshield wrapped in tape and wire loom stuff... with one distinct burnt cut down the WHOLE THING like someone had cut it with a knife. Anyway, I'll take my HVAC stuff apart tomorrow to get a closer look at the wires to make sure no neighboring wires got burnt as well...

Has anyone else had a faulty fuse before? The fuse looked fine in the panel, until I tried to take it out... it's stuck in there. So I just yanked the wire from the back, and pulled as much of the fuse out as I could...

I'll take the panel out and make it a little more safe with that stupid fuse.

Blah..... :crossedwires: This is taking forever to get 'er back on the trails. I could have worked at McDonalds and bought a new Pathy for the time this thing has been in the shop....