suspention lift options

DaveS

what are my options for a suspention lift on a wd21 pathfinder i have seen A arms and spacers but i dont have a great understanding of the suspention in the front of the pathfinder if people could spell out options what they require and what they cost that would be great

Thanks

Dave

Do some searching around. This has been covered MANY times.

Jeep Grand Cherokee coils in the rear - 2-3" of lift in the rear

Aftermarket UCA's (I'd suggest RoughCountry) and a torsion bar crank = 2-3" lift in the front

I'd also suggest you get longer shocks for the rear, as the shocks will limit axle travel in the rear with a lift. The front will be fine with stock length.

i have seen A arms and spacers but i dont have a great understanding of the suspention in the front of the pathfinder

The rear suspension is pretty straight forward. An axle, some springs and links to keep it all in place. The front, however, is very different.

Upper and lower control arms attach to the truck's frame and let the wheel travel up and down on a basically flat plane. Torsion bars, which are long horizontal springs, are connected to the truck's frame and the lower control arm. The amount of tension on the torsion bar determines the downward force applied to the lower control arm. Tighten (crank) the T-bars and you will lift the front of your truck, but once you do that your wheels will no longer be perpendicular to the ground and there will be more stress on your upper ball joints. Aftermarket upper control arms (A-arms) will correct those problems, as will ball joint spacers, but I wouldn't recommend the spacers.

so the tighter the torsan bar the higher the front end sits and if i get new A arms. and how much of a problem will leaving the stock shocks in the back cause id like to replace the shocks but wont have the money right away. Are those Cherokee coils from the front or the back of the jeep and could i take shocks off of the jeep to use in place of the shocks that i have in the back of the pathfinder

Stock shocks are fine, but longer ones in the rear will let the axle articulate more.

Use Grand Cherokee front springs to lift the rear. You'll still have to modify the pigtail on the end of the spring for them to seat properly.

I don't think the Jeep shocks will swap.

Search some of the older threads for lift info and use Google for places to buy a lift. Stuff like that pops up on ebay as well.

I grow weary and shall answer questions no longer. You must seek wisdom not from others but from within, Grasshopper.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.

Teach a man to fish and he will goof off in a boat all day drinking beer.

i was reading the how to on the cherokee springs and saw that 88 mentioned needing coil spring spacers to help with the lift in the rear of a 4 door pathfinder with tire carrier. i looked for these online and had a hard time finding coil spacers for the pathfinder are there diffrent spacers that should be used also he mentioned not being able to put some kind of retainer back on after the cherokee springs were installed. but i dont quite understand what he is talikng about. and i also had a hard time finding rough country UCA's for a pathfinder i found plety for a hardy boy but they only came in a kit for the truck. is there a site that i should check for theese parts

You'll have to call roughcountry directly. The hardbody UCA's are the ones you'll use....they're the same. You just don't need all that leaf spring crap. :)

You guys mentioned the coils off of a grand cherokee? will the same front coils just work off of a regular cherokee? (xj) the older style? :handlebars:

Grand Cherokee = Grand Cherokee, AFIK, and regular Cherokee doesn't fit. They're built for the weight of the V8. I've had those front JGC springs in the rear of my truck for probably 4-5 years now, no problem.