Rancho 9000 shocks with bar pin

jj big shoe

I was wondering if anyone knows if you can remove the bar pin style bushing from the end of Rancho shocks and replace it with the eyelet bushing our trucks use. I'm looking at a pair on ebay (#RS99190) that are the correct length for a SL and no swaybar, but they have the bar pin on one end.

1212_1.JPG

BTW, if you want to know quick specs on Rancho shocks go to summitracing.com and put ran- then the Rancho number in the search box (i.e. RAN-RS99190) and it'll pop up the page for the shock. Then just click on it to see the specs. Makes it easy to see what will fit.

Edited by jj big shoe

I was looking at RS9000 vs Procomp MX6. I have Calmini lift with their control arms.When I called them for specs they mentioned that you shouldn't go with a shock that has a body over 2" wide because it might impinge on upper control arm. When I measured for RS9000 at 23/4 " it seems like it would be VERY tight. What do you all think ? -- glenn

I installed Pro Comp ES3000's and they were smashed in a bit from hitting the stock arms. Dunno about Calmini clearance, but they're not a problem with Superlift or Rough Country tubular style A-arms.

BTW, what does any of this have to do with my original question? I'm not asking about clearances, Pro Comps or even front shocks for that matter. Sheesh!

Damn hijackers. :skull:

I installed Pro Comp ES3000's and they were smashed in a bit from hitting the stock arms. Dunno about Calmini clearance, but they're not a problem with Superlift or Rough Country tubular style A-arms.

BTW, what does any of this have to do with my original question? I'm not asking about clearances, Pro Comps or even front shocks for that matter. Sheesh!

Damn hijackers. :skull:

it looks as tho the pins could be knocked out, but wonder if bushing damage would occur........

it looks as tho the pins could be knocked out, but wonder if bushing damage would occur........
Prolly so. I think the pin is molded into the bushing kinda like all one piece. There's a few bits I still need to order to piece together an adjustable system so I guess I'll call Rancho and ask if the eyelet diameter is big enough and if replacement bushings are available.

Correct length 9000's don't pop up on ebay that often, so I thought I'd try to make these work, plus they're only $10 plus shipping right now.