dual mufflers, vs muffler with dual intake?

Guest duke

Would it work to put on two single intake/single output mufflers, rather than a single dual intake muffler? This mod would be mostly for cosmetic purposes. I would love it if my truck actually *sounded* like one, and dual tips would be pretty nice too. :D

I was thinking to *not* put the two mufflers in the same space as before. There are two pipes out of the engine... since I need new pipes anyway, why couldn't one just have each of those pipes run to the back: one on the left, one on the right?

Cause I don't think that's how it's built in the first place, there's probably no place for the passenger's side pipe to go underneath. Most V6's simply join the exhaust pipes together behind the engine underneath and run a single pipe out to the back. They make provisions for room for the exhaust on the driver's side, but not on the passenger's side. Plus the O2 sensor(s) will need to be placed somewhere that it can read the gas content of BOTH pipes simultaneously for proper operation... meaning everything needs to run through a single pipe.