blower motor stuck on

fritz007

The blower motor on my 02 pathy has for some odd reason will not turn off or blow any less than full blast. i can push the off button on my heater but nothing happens, and when i try to turn the motor down it still doesn't do anything. Any ideas. I have looked at fuses and relays they are both fine, and i am hesitating pulling they heather control out of my dash

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Okay i hate to beat a dead horse but i bought a new blower motor resistor from my local dealership, and have also gotten a manual to try and located the old one to swap them out. Everything i have seen shows the resistor right behind the glove box but i can not find it any one know a specific location on an 02 that would be different than that. I really dont want to just start ripping stuff out that I dont have to! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

Okay i hate to beat a dead horse but i bought a new blower motor resistor from my local dealership, and have also gotten a manual to try and located the old one to swap them out. Everything i have seen shows the resistor right behind the glove box but i can not find it any one know a specific location on an 02 that would be different than that. I really dont want to just start ripping stuff out that I dont have to! ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

part is highlighted in blue. here is the diagram for the manual ac system on a 2002 R50:

sec270.jpg

Edited by Alkorahil