Installing new transmission?

well theres that i got my trans rebuilt for $800 it was demolished inside. now i go to install it and i put a new clutch on while im at it i dont seem to remember pulling out a pilot bearing when i took it apart but just to be safe i want to make sure, like i said with the pilot bearing in, theres a gap between the bellhousing and the backside of the block but when i take it out it fit flush? should i just leave it out or what?

also i believe this is a timing problem but once again just to make sure its rought to start her she'll idle real low and die or will idle fine then as soon as i give it gas itll sputter and die it does this around 2,500RPM i checked ecu no codes oxy sensor is fine new fuel filter its facing the right way, new plugs wires rotor and cap, checked and the fuel injectors are fine no unplugged vacuum lines

any help is greatly appreciated

Edited by exploited789

got any pic of this pilot bushing problem? I'm having a hard time seeing what you are talking about.

are you saying.. when you put the pilot bushing in, the bell housing won't sit flush against teh backside of the block? but with it out it does?

if this is true, your bushing isn't in far enough.

DO NOT RUN THIS WITHOUT A PILOT BUSHING

yes thats what happens, ive done everything to seat it further back but no matter what theres about an inch or two gap, how bad would it be if i ran it without one? pretty bad huh?

Edited by exploited789

without it there is nothing holding the input shaft for the tranny in place. you will end up replacing your tranny once again very quickly. its not unheard of to get the wrong bearing with the kit. first of all make sure it will fit around the input shaft and that the bearing matches the old one. manual trans can be weird to try and restab into the motor. sometimes they just slide right in, others i have fought with for almost two hours before getting it to sit right. its all about getting the angle right and making sure the splines on the shaft and the clutch match up.

oh, one other thing that ive seen cause problems is if the clutch isint exactly lined up with the alignment tool.

thank you for the advice. i went and picked up a new pilot bushing at autozone gonna tear it back apart tomorrow ill let you know how it goes.

its just a REAL pita because im using two jacks and one has two little wheels in the back and a roller in the front(stupidest design ever) and a 4x4 wood block because they dont go high enough, definitely not the safest route but its all i have to work with

:suicide: