Hi from Baltimore, MD

Hello everyone,

I just made a handshake deal to buy an '89 pathfinder for $1,800. I will be picking it up Tuesday. I seem to have suddenly found a good chunk of time that I used to spend car hunting... looks like this might just be the place to spend it. I've never had a 4x4 before so I have NO experience on trails. I am, however, a pretty decent shade tree mechanic. That is because my prior daily driver is a 1966 Plymouth Valiant /6 4dr (hence the screen name.) Now, onto the fun stuff:

specs as I currently know them:

1989 Pathfinder SE

5 speed v6

95,550 miles (yeah, that's what sold me)

pretty nice red paint

stock sized General tires with decent condition

all the bells and whistles electronically (good lord but I hope the ones I didn't know how to test yet work OK)

body is straight and rust free

frame is pristine as far as I could see

interior is gray cloth in fair to good condition

aftermarket radio

roof rack

flip top roof (another meaningless but nice selling point, I even know it doesn't leak due to a test drive in torrential rains!)

the only problems I noted:

needs front alignment (could just be badly inflated tires.. but I am thinking alignment after I read the newbie tech post)

dent on the pass side roofline (branch ding about 1" across)

glove box has a broken hinge

I will post the pics that were on the craigslist ad

I get to pick it up tuesday... more pics will follow as well as a more detailed rundown (if anyone is interested)

until then,

Rick

pathfinder1.jpgpathfinder2.jpg

pathfinder3.jpgpathfinder4.jpg

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome....... Pathy's grow on ya!!

well, seeing as how I have now read EVERY post about wd21's on NPORA... i think they have succeeded.

I will still be an old school mopar fan, but I'm guessing that between my 'new' pathy and the great experiences from my mom's sentra and (jump in the wayback now sherman) her old b210 datsun hatchback, I will be more and more of a Nissan guy.

Rick