Road Trip from Florida to Alaska in the path!

RoadTrippin

hey pathmaker thanks for the invite if this trip doesnt kill me ill be there sayin wheres my half pounder. Whats acronym BFE? I was talking about the whistles on the hood or bumper to scare deer, I think im just gonna get em for good luck. So I decided scratch the gun and the snorkel idea. What are some MUST SEES along the way? I was thinkin about goin west to Las Vegas than straight up north from there or goin north to chicago than west or maybe diagonal through the plains?

hey pathmaker thanks for the invite if this trip doesnt kill me ill be there sayin wheres my half pounder. Whats acronym BFE? I was talking about the whistles on the hood or bumper to scare deer, I think im just gonna get em for good luck. So I decided scratch the gun and the snorkel idea. What are some MUST SEES along the way? I was thinkin about goin west to Las Vegas than straight up north from there or goin north to chicago than west or maybe diagonal through the plains?

BFE is an old military slang acronym that means "Bum *my "vocabulary" is so small* Egypt" there is no "Butt" involved, it just means in the middle of nowhere.

Seriously, if you decide to ferry up, just swing in and say hi while you're layed over in wrangell for the 45min to an hour that you're docked...

On the otherhand, if you're going to do the road trip america thing... things to see, Black Hills, Yellowstone, Rocky Mountains, the Mississippi... Swing through Vegas, before heading north, drive the california coast (Pacific Coast Hwy/California State Rt 1). Before you do that drive through the Sequoia's in the Sierra Nevadas, then after drive through the Redwoods of Norcal... It's all a beautiful experience.

People crack me up with the "you're gonna die" road trip list. I've talked to a few people who have made the trip, adn my co-worker ran the road up from here (near Seattle) to Anchorage and there-abouts in his RV, along with *another* RV and friends. Nothing much as far as incidents, other than a 2 hour backup for some highway construction, and a bunch of rock chips. He's in his late 60's, western WA born and raised, and yet he commented that it was incredibly long and there were tons of trees. Many other have said the same. I'm sure the ferry/ship ride would be awesome, though. I guess, just get up on your maintenance, carry some extra food and drink, tools and supplies, be careful, and get ready for a fun trip.