Mystery Part

Zibi

Anyone have any idea what this is? Off of a 1996 Pathfinder LE, I found it sitting on the bit of subframe under my radiator. I imagine it has something to do with holding on my bumper/fender, which is a bit warped itself. I powerwashed washed my truck a couple days ago and I imagine that knocked it off.

part1.jpg

part2.jpg

part3.jpg

I need to know the answer to award the prize :)

Taking it out to the garage tommorow and I'll get a look under it. Just need to get all the mud off it first :)

Well, spent some time rooting around. Not a bumper bracket, not a radiator bracket, not from the headlights, foglights, liscence plate. Only other things in that area up front are a couple fluid bottles which I suppose it could be from under but I couldn't find anything missing. Couldn't find any missing bolt holes anywhere in that area.

I'm stumped, there are only so many things up there that it could possibly come from, and I searched everywhere short of actually removing my bumper and skid plate. I mean, apparently it's not that important since my car hasn't imploded, but the more I search the more I want to know what it is.

It looks familiar..... hmmm.... is it from the area that holds that plastic cover under the front of the engine - a mointing point for that cover?

you mean the splash guard? It's not for that...