missing like a mofo

Charlie

I went romping this weekend and went through a few big mud holes. Afterwards, my pathfinder seems to be missing like crazy. under any kind of acceleration under 4000rpm it bucks and shakes and barely moves. I checked the trouble codes and it shows 55. (no problems) I thought it was just because something got wet, but It has been 4 days in arizona and about 300 miles and it still misses. I would think everything would be dry by now. I put a bottle of Lucas in the tank, pulled the throttlebody and cleaned it, cleaned the MAF being careful not to damage the wires, and made sure all my spark plug wires were connected properly. the plugs, wires, cap and rotor have about 2500 miles on them, as I replaced them when I got the truck. If I am missing anything obvious, please let me know. I have read all the stickies, and used the search function a million times and still, I have nothing. :thumbsdown: I am hoping that someone on here can help me.

Heres a pic from the romping for your enjoyment:

pathy.jpg

Edited by Charlie

There was a post about this about a month ago...I've been MIA so I don't know if it has been resolved or not but its most likely a loose plug wire or something like that...check your plugs its possible that you sucked water in and maybe fowled a plug or something...I'd search for that posts and look at all the advice there...

no water in the dizzy, and on the way home tonight, the engine light came on. I checked the codes and came up with a code 32 for EGR function. hm.... gonna have to check that out tomorow.

OK, I had the air cleaner off with the motor running yesterday trying to figure out what my problem was and I leaned on the wiring harness and the truck stumbled and died. I pulled the connector off of the maf sensor only to find that the maf has copper pins, and the connector has steel pins and it was all corroded inside. What dumb mother-f*&$%# thought of that? Thats the whole principle of electrolysis. Two dissimilar metals and an electrical charge. As soon as the connector gets wet, it corrodes.