Another Fan Question

robbie

I did some extensive reading about fans vs. electric fans awhile ago, and from what I remember there's some debate about which is better. I took away the conclusion that putting in a larger fan blade is about as good as putting in an electric fan as far as moving air and cooling. (Am I mistaken?)

So I was going to shop for a used Quest fan (which I thought was bigger) but now I'm reading that it's an electric fan.

Which fan do you recommend to just simply replace the pathy fan with? Or should I just go with the electric fan mod? I'm confused now from all the posts about fans.

Nevermind. After reading more posts on electric fans I caught the bug again. I'm doing the mod. When the weather warms up and I have some money.

But I would still like to know if anyone knows of a bigger fan blade that can be easily swapped with the pathy's. (or if this is even recommended.)

• 2 weeks later...

The stock fan moves a pretty generous amount of air - more than (almost) all of the electric fans available. And more than a pathy should ever need.

If you are overheating with stock fan, I would start looking at other causes. An electric fan is not going to help.

Radiator in poor condition? Water pump worn? Head gasket leak? Blockages in block or hoses?