Need some help

89pathfinder

Alright well my project is about halfway done. I finished my rear bumper and got it mounted at about 1 o clock this morning. So now for the front bumper. My problem is i can not figure out how to mount it securely enough to withstand some abuse. After poking around under the front end things are not looking to promising. Are the stock mounts strong enough to mount a heavier bumper? i would fabricate some new brackets to go from the bumper to the mounts. I was also thinking of coming right off the ends of the frame rails, with square tubing going up diagonally to the bumper. My concern aside from strength is my approach angle. So the idea of ripping out the ac condenser, pump and all the plumbing came up. This would allow me to run the square tubing at a much slacker angle keeping a good approach. And also take a little strain off the old vg.

If any of you have any pictures or ways that you have mounted after market bumpers that would be awesome. My deadline is rapidly approaching so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

well yea taking out the condenser and hacking off some of the front frame horns is one way to help approach angle... sounds promising.

I would honestly tear into your truck some more before you start cutting though. pull off your stock bumper, and bracketry, down to where you can actually see frame horns and go from there. the front body mount is going to limit how far "back" you can mount the bumper tho.

WEll im not looking for a crazy steep approach angle. Something similar to stock, maybe a little slacker. The new bumper is going to stick out about the same as the stock bumper maybe 2 inches further.

Frame horns?

Plan of action is to pull the front bumper off tomorrow and see what we have to work with but i thought i would get a jump start and see if i could get some ideas from you guys.