Factory Alarm

indomwe

does anyone on the forum know of a DIY for disconnecting the factory alarm. Is there anything that is affected by the disconnect such as door locks or anything like that which needs to be dealt with?? any insight would be much appreciated.

Well i dont know of a forum for it, but if im not mistaken(but i very well may be) the factory alarm controls the power locks and keyless entry

thats what I was afraid of but there must be a way to remove alarm and retain the door power lock feature. thats the infor I'm looking for

After trying to get security system to work properly, I just ended up tearing out the horn/siren from under the hood. The red light flashes consently on the console, but no siren going off all the time. Problem solved.

Door locks still work, but not with remote - but the remote never worked anyway... yes it was coded to the computer, just never worked. I hate giving up on a problem, but this security/door lock sytem is just a mess on these models and tearing out the siren was in the end the resolution of last resort.

After trying to get security system to work properly, I just ended up tearing out the horn/siren from under the hood. The red light flashes consently on the console, but no siren going off all the time. Problem solved.

Door locks still work, but not with remote - but the remote never worked anyway... yes it was coded to the computer, just never worked. I hate giving up on a problem, but this security/door lock sytem is just a mess on these models and tearing out the siren was in the end the resolution of last resort.

Is the alarm hooked up to the main horn or does it have its own separate siren???

Is the alarm hooked up to the main horn or does it have its own separate siren???

Your power door locks will not be affect by disconnecting the alarm, but you will not have keyless entry. To disconnect, remove driver seat and you will see a black plastic box with a factory paper label on top. If the label is intact... feel around the middle you'll notice there is a cavity. In the center of this cavity is a yellow square button that you would push to program new remotes. That's how you identify the alarm brain unit. Just unplug the harnesses connected to it. It should be obvious which one is the power/ground harness.

Edited by feloniousmonk

thanks for the advice. we got the alarm out today. it appeared that someone had wired in a remote start and used the alarm harness to connect it up. that was paret of our demons problem, we removed the remote start, the alarm and all the harness and now everything is working. the truck is happy again.......

Edited by indomwe

Son of a gun though ..!!!! If I had read the other thread currently on the forum regarding "black box under the drivers seat" I would have realized that before pulling the alarm and all the wiring we should have checked to see we could have gotten the keyless entry working.