Quick, how do I get the driver's window glass out on the WD21?

GhostPath

I'm trying to take advantage of the unexpected warm weather we are having today to replace my cracked and leaking window seal. Anyone know what's involved in removing the window glass from my truck's driver's side? 90 WD21 SE with power windows. I already know that I have to take the door panel and mirror off, what's after that?

The 94 PDF manual is no help at all here, and my printed manual hasn't arrived yet, wouldn't you know it. :P

ohh man thats a big pain...I tore down all 4 doors on a pathy and I'm glad I didn't have to put it back together...

I think you would need to remove all of the internals for the window controls and then once that stuff is out (think its like 5 or 6 10mm bolts) you can manually pull the window down and then pull the track/molding out and then pull the glass up through the top...

There may be an easier way but thats the only way I could get the glass to come out of the doors B4 taking them to the scrap yard without of course busting the glass

ohh man thats a big pain...I tore down all 4 doors on a pathy and I'm glad I didn't have to put it back together...

I think you would need to remove all of the internals for the window controls and then once that stuff is out (think its like 5 or 6 10mm bolts) you can manually pull the window down and then pull the track/molding out and then pull the glass up through the top...

There may be an easier way but thats the only way I could get the glass to come out of the doors B4 taking them to the scrap yard without of course busting the glass

Actually I just figured it out.

Being a former Jeep owner, I expected something really stupid like "take door apart, remove window motor, remove everything from door and then maybe you can get the glass out without breaking it."

Instead, it was two 10mm bolts, tilt and remove.

Specifically, you lower the window all the way with the door panel and mirror off, then raise it just enough to disconnect the two 10mm bolts at the brackets where the window meets the window lift. Lift the window up off the lift, then rock the glass towards the front of the door 45 degrees to disengage it and lift straight up. No idea how it works for the rear doors, but the front ones are easy.

I got my window seal replaced, including removal of the glass and replacement, in about 30 minutes.

sweet...yea i think that was my mistake...no way to get the glass off with the doors off and windows up and truck scrapped ( i guess I could have hooked up a 12V power supply and lowered the window) so I had to undo all the linkages to get access to those 2 bolts on the glass B4 removing it....awesome deal man glad you got it figured out