Rear track bar/control arm bushings

Mr. Pickles

Not sure which they're called (or both names), but I'm thinking it may be time for some attention. Its a 94 with 162XXX miles, the last many thousand miles with a locker in the rear diff causing all sorts of movement Nissan didn't plan on. I haven't poked around yet, but there's a bit more play it seems lately, which has me suspecting wear. From what I could see, there are some bushings available on AC for like $35 each, and you'd need 4 sets to do the upper and lower arms. Ouch. Has anybody swapped these, and if so, from what source/how much/etc.?

I get a whole lot of rear steer/fishtailing. Definitely the bushings are shot. I'll be replacing mine with Johnny Joints when I start the double triangulated 4 link build.

Luis, Nissannut, and I believe Trailchaser have replaced the rear link bushings with the poly ones.

http://nissannut.com/projects/Poly_bushings/

Edited by Cuong Nguyen

I've done this job twice already once on my 87 and once on my wifes 91, and will be doing it very soon on my 89. Not to hard of a job, just real fun getting the old ones out. That link that Cuong posted will help you, I did mine the same way. Also, only pull, repair, and replace one link at a time since the axle may move a little when you remove them, makes it a little easy to get the links lined back in.

Oh, and I've used AC's bushings both times, only because I can't find them any cheaper around here. And defenitely go with poly.

Yep, it's a helluva job.

You can use my tools I made if you don't want to cut the bushings in half.

Here's the topic I started about them. Maybe a mod can make it a sticky or "how-to".

Sorry, but the trailing arm tools are now loaned out.

PM me if you still need them and maybe I can arrange something.