Stock Light Replacement

Kittamaru

I'm looking at some replacement headlamps... but I haven't the foggiest where to start. I read one of the users here did a polycarbonate headlight housing swap... I'd LOVE to do that, but I don't even know where to get said housings from! The beam dispersal on my pathy sucks terribly... without foglights, I can't see a thing when making a 90* turn :(

That would be me that wrote it up (someone else here actually did the swap first but didn't document it). Yes, you get them from eBay. Read the article again for information on what vendors on eBay to get them from and who to avoid.

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16854

Just checked - that info is in the first post in that topic.

Edited by GhostPath

*nods* Thanks ghostpath

Quick question though - I don't see a name for those lights... any particular make / model I should look for? I'd LOVE to get the exact same ones you have.

I may just be missing it... I've got myself a nice case of Mono atm so I'm rather tired (this is the other reason I'm hesitant to work on my truck right now... sleepysleepsleepy)

They all seem to be made in the same Taiwanese factory, so ordering any that look like mine should be fine. Mine were shipped in plain white boxes and contained no real identifying marks. The only thing that resembled that was a molded "KS-DS677" on the back of each unit.

Edited by GhostPath

Huh... that's odd.

Any chance you still have a link laying around? I'm dirt poor atm (college... long story) so I can only afford to try this once and, with my luck, I'm liable to screw up:

I'm looking at these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NISSAN-PATH...sspagenameZWDVW

That's the guy you bought from... I'm assuming thats the same part?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/87-88-89-90...sspagenameZWDVW

This guy has them slightly cheaper (20 bucks or so)... any advice?

They're the same units - BUT you need to make sure they have them in stock. I went through three vendors on eBay who didn't actually have them in stock and were waiting for a shipment of them that never arrived. acemotors was the only one who had a set in stock and would ship right away.

They are night and day better than stock, yes. There is no need to upgrade your bulbs - though they come with new standard-9004-type Philips bulbs.

You *can* then upgrade the bulbs using a real HID system if you want, or you can use SilverStar Ultras if you want to change the color of the light. These housings fix the diffusion and pattern problems of the stock housings.

The next time I get together with the local Nissan truck club, I'll do a side-by-side comparison of stock beams versus this:

IMG_0342_001.JPG

Edited by GhostPath