Pathy's Pulling, Shaking.

norcalpathy

I've had my tires balanced, rotated, etc, but the Pathy is still pulling to the right and it's got that "shake" at higher speeds. Basically, what could the problem be and what do I need to replace?

Usually if it pulls it is the alignment unless it does it when braking, then it's the brakes. The shake could be bushings, bent rim, out of round tire or need to be balanced. If you have over size tires they are some times a real pain to balance right. I had to have one tire balanced 3 times before they got it right. I also once had a tire that got "out of round" and it had to be replaced.

The more experienced folks on the forum will need better details to diagnose the problem. Is the shake in the front or rear, what speeds does it come on and can you speed up to make it go away or does it get worse the faster you go?

Do you hear a clunk when getting on and off the accelerator? That could be U-joints, CV's etc.

You can try looking at the front tires to see if they look straight....not tilted in or out. Measure the distances from the front tires at the top and also the bottom....are the distances the same? Also place a level against the outside of each front tire to check if they are plumb vertically. Some time it is hard to tell by just looking.

That's about all I can offer but, it does sound like alignment problems. The front can get out or alignment real fast if you off-road a lot. I got a lifetime alignment done just for that reason. Just pull in and they fix as often as you need it done. I have had 4 alignments this year, usually after going over some nasty, knock your fillings out type of trails that I felt like my spleen was coming out of my nose. The trails out here get so abused you never know from week to week what to expect. A nice calm ride this week is an out of body experience next week. Guess that is what makes it so fun. Ya just never know.