acc outlet

chappy

I just got xm sat radio for xmas and installed all the wiring well hidden under the carpets and center console and what not. I ran the cigarette power cord from the unit through the transfer case boot all the way back under the e brake and into the storage compartment between the front seats so I could use the outlet in there. My question is, does the outlet have a constant draw with something plugged in or can I leave the cig adapter plugged in with no problems. The light on the adapter goes off when the truck is off so I'm thinking I can just leave it plugged in, but just wanna be on the safe side. By the way Merry Xmas fellow pathy lovers!!!!

-Chap

I just got xm sat radio for xmas and installed all the wiring well hidden under the carpets and center console and what not. I ran the cigarette power cord from the unit through the transfer case boot all the way back under the e brake and into the storage compartment between the front seats so I could use the outlet in there. My question is, does the outlet have a constant draw with something plugged in or can I leave the cig adapter plugged in with no problems. The light on the adapter goes off when the truck is off so I'm thinking I can just leave it plugged in, but just wanna be on the safe side. By the way Merry Xmas fellow pathy lovers!!!!

-Chap

I run my XM, radar detector and GPS off of the 2 ACC outlets. the one in the dash runs the XM and the other in the back of the center console with a multi splitter. All power to the outlets are off when the key is off. you should be ok with leaving the XM plugged in. just curious where did you mount your XM Reciever? I have mine stuck to the switch blanks below the radio because all I have there is the rear wiper control, and I dont want to drill holes in my dash plastic. But I have to re attach it every 2-3 months because it keeps coming loose. BTW I am useing 3M body trim double sticky back foam tape. does anyone know of a better tape or non permanant adhisive to use?

-Chap

My 03 outlets only work when the key is on. I imagine yours are the same.

I mounted the receiver to the plastic area next to open compartment under the radio and under the 2 aux tabs. I just drilled holes and bolted it in. I ran the wires down from there through the bottom of the transfer shift boot, under the e brake, and up through a drilled hole in the center compartment to acc plug. I ran the antenna from the roof in the rear down the sill of the rear hatch and and under the carpet to the same path as the power supply. I just made sure to put notches in the metal under the hatch weather stripping to prevent pinching the wire. I figured it was ok to leave it plugged in but just wanted to verify. Next I want to mount the remote to the steering wheel some how or I might mount it just forward of the arm rest with some kind of hinged bracket so I can fold the remote down to the console or up for use.

-Chap