40 series flo-master to loud...

drifter

94 path 4x4 thorley hedders, 2.5 exhaust w/ 40 series flo master,regular cat, The flo- master sounds great street driving but on the freeway its a little annoying. Is there another muffler i could swap in thats a little less loud but still holds performance ??

Ha HA , :tonguefinger:

No, seriously. The 50 series is designed to be a bit quieter and have less exhaust resonance heared inside the vehicle. I've got the same setup you do but a hi-flo cat and the 50 series. It does drone a bit, but it's not all that bad.

No, seriously. The 50 series is designed to be a bit quieter and have less exhaust resonance heared inside the vehicle. I've got the same setup you do but a hi-flo cat and the 50 series. It does drone a bit, but it's not all that bad.

yeah , i just dont want tp spend the cash and time for the 50 if its only a slice quieter,

what about magna flo , dyno max etc.. ???

I wish I had you're setup to compare with mine, side by side. I have Thorelys, 2.5", magnaflow HF cat and muffler. I've always been curious how different they sound. I've tried to record the sound, but clips aren't accurate and pointless IMO. Mine does get a little loud sometimes. Maybe soundproofing is the answer. Those headers really resonate.

I stand corrected, after installing my 32/11.50 M/T i think i am likeing my 40 series now , the tire humm drowns out a little of the drone from the muffler, And i need all the power i can get now pushin those bigger tires. :chairfall: