Those pesky valve seals

spotana98

So my 150 pathy runs strong. Doesn't knock, is timed quite well, and now that I've changed the spark plugs, it doesn't misfire. My problem is the large plume of smoke for the first few minutes after I start my engine. I have no blow-by (all my plugs were dry and oil free) so I imagine it's the seals leaking oil down onto the piston head. The Nissan Dealership here quoted me about 360 to replace them. Does that sound about right? I know I don't want to tear into that V30E and if I can get away with less burnt oil, not to mention the nasty smell as well no spark plug foul, I'll pay it.

You might try and Sea-Foam you engine. I did mine a year or so ago and wa-la no smokeage. My motor is tight as a drum otherwise. I'm not normally a believer or a subscriber to the "snake oils" on the shelf but this one worked for me. Follow the destruction on the can. If you're willing to to replace the valve guide seals this may save you a couple of hundred bucks if it works, it it doesn't just add $5.00 for your valve guide seal job.