TEST PIPE ?

drifter

94 4x4 path 5 spd , 2.5 exhaust 40 series flo-master/Thorley headers. Was thinking of swapping out my cat for a test pipe, my question is will the test pipe upset engine light, back pressure etc... and will i gain any hp. or gas mileage ??

there will not be any difference in power if you remove the cat. i would up grade to all 2.5 inch with a hi-flow, or if you are in an area with no emissions then just ignore the cat.

there will not be any difference in power if you remove the cat. i would up grade to all 2.5 inch with a hi-flow, or if you are in an area with no emissions then just ignore the cat.

I was talking to a guy that owns a exhaust shop and he said the hi-flo cats where no different than a regular cat ?? It was just a marketing sceme.

I was talking to a guy that owns a exhaust shop and he said the hi-flo cats where no different than a regular cat ?? It was just a marketing sceme.

That would be no.

There is a demonstrable difference, both on the dyno and on a flow-bench.

See this: http://images.magnaflow.com/05news/magazin...f/catalytic.pdf

I would avoid having work done at this man's shop.

Edited by GhostPath

the reason they are 'hi-flow' is because they contain so much less catalyst than OE style converters do. If you cut a 'hi-flow' cat open you will see 2 blocks maybe 2 inches thick. if you cut an OE converter open you will see 2 way thicker blocks that fill the entire case up.