Headlight Problem

BobLoblaw

This is kinda weird. My right headlight/daytime running light doesn't work consistently. Sometimes is comes on like it should, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it will come on after a few minutes. The left side works fine. I have replaced the headlight bulbs and it still happens. The regular beams and high beams on both sides work fine.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

If this is a 90-94 model, the DRL module is notorious for going bad. If you're haddy with a soldering gun, you can take it part and will probably find that the thru board relay pins have a cold solder joint on them. It's located behind the battery on the passengers side.

I fixed mine two years ago and it's still going strong.

This is kinda weird. My right headlight/daytime running light doesn't work consistently. Sometimes is comes on like it should, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it will come on after a few minutes. The left side works fine. I have replaced the headlight bulbs and it still happens. The regular beams and high beams on both sides work fine.

Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=16086

I just had a similar problem... and it started with one headlight (low) and progressed to both (rear) running lights... and everything else worked...

I replaced the switch, with a used one and it was like Lighting a Chirstmas Tree...

They say that if you clean it you can BS yourself a few extra weeks... It didn't work for me... Ck the link there was a lot of info...

I took my DRL module apart and was unable to find any visual signs of damage or a poor solder. I replaced it with a new one from the dealer and problem solved. A new module is appx. $120