235/75/15 optimal tire pressure?

g5mike

I'm sure some of you used to run these,what tire pressure was best for you.If Im driving my GT it calls for 40 but35 is best,since I don't know much about this pathfinder,I thought to ask this newb question.LOL!!

There should be a sticker in the door jamb, or glove box that tells you the optimal pressure to run in your tires. Personally, I believe it's a little low, and geared towards comfort. 30psi is usually a decent baseline to start with.

You can do the chalk test to see if your pressure is good.

Draw a line across each tire, and drive around a little bit. If the center wears out, but the outside doesn't, your pressure is too high. If the outsides wear out, but the center doesn't, your pressure is too low.

There should be a sticker in the door jamb, or glove box that tells you the optimal pressure to run in your tires. Personally, I believe it's a little low, and geared towards comfort. 30psi is usually a decent baseline to start with.

You can do the chalk test to see if your pressure is good.

Draw a line across each tire, and drive around a little bit. If the center wears out, but the outside doesn't, your pressure is too high. If the outsides wear out, but the center doesn't, your pressure is too low.

thanks!!! I forgot about the ol chalk test.