What tire on a stock height '96 Pathy

ardavis78

I've got a 1996 Pathy w/ stock suspension. I just scored some 16" Mickey Thompson Classic II's. I need to know what the largest size tire I can go with on these 16's. I've heard on here, that with the stock 15" wheels I can go with a 31 x 10.5 with minor rub. Would a comparable tire be a 265/70/16? Please help me out a lil...I'm ready to buy...I'm considering Bridgestone Dueler Revo's....Any feedback about them? Mostly road driving....occasional trails and mud. Thanks so much!!!

265/70/16 are about 32/10.5

I'm completely unfamiliar with r50's but there are a ton of threads on here about tire size. It's a friendly gang here, but tire size questions do get old.

Wheel size doesn't necessarily effect tire size. A 31 is a 31 whether it's on a 15 or 16" wheel.

There is an extensive member review of tires in the product review section, I'm sure the Revos are mentioned several times.

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up getting Kumho Road Venture KL-78 tires. Cheap($115 ea.), fairly aggressive, yet quiet. Very light dub rub at full lock. I haven't got a chance to go play yet. We'll see. Thanks for all the info everyone!!!