Painting Question

BobLoblaw

I recently pulled a faded green hatch off a pathy from a local wreck yard. I want to spend as little money as possible to paint it black. There is no rust on it.

Do you think I could just paint over the green without priming? I'll clean the hatch, obviously, but I just don't want to start buying spray guns and stuff. I want to do it with a spray can! I know that sounds bush league (and it is), but I just want to get this new hatch on! Also, is there a place that sells the 'Nissan Pathfinder XE' decals that you see on the rear hatch?

Any recommendations for the cheapest paint job possible for my rear hatch? Thanks

I got my whole truck painted for $400 at a place called Econo-Bake. I did all the bodywork, but four bills ain't too bad for a paint job. I'd talk to one of your local el-cheapo body shops about color matching and shooting the hatch. You'll probably spend at least $100 or so in spray paint and tape if you were to do it yourself and it still won't look nearly as good so get an estimate from one before you start on it. It might be less than you think. Plus black is a rather tricky color to spray yourself.