trans help

bomberman

so i thought about doing a swap from auto to standard but i dont think my trans will hold out the long.

also i have decided to stay with the auto. so my questions are

my auto will sometimes not shift out of first so i talked to a place about getting it rebuilt they said it may be electrical is that possible

also my trans gets warm i can smell it when i get out of the truck i dont have a tranny cooler but it still should not get that warm

so i found a used trans for 650 bucks or they said that worst case it could cost 2000 -2600

so any help would be great

It WILL get that hot if the stock cooler (inside the rad) is clogged. That is a very common happening with WD21 Pathfinders, and the #1 killer of the autos. That's a tell-tale sign that your tranny is overheating. Get that stock cooler bypassed, and put in an aftermarket cooler. That alone may be enough to give you some more life out of it, and help your shifting issue.

Edited by Simon

Ditto... to what Simon said... I've lived this nightmare twice with auto trannys. and have learned quite a bit about it...

Definately get a external trans cooler... if not before during the swap or the rebuild...

That quote is a safe bet... both of my rebuilds costed around 2000 grand...each on that is...