narrowing down wiring problems

chappy

I wired up some hella 500's using the diagram in the package, but the switch doesn't get power. The led on doesn't even come on and the lights won't either. I checked the inline fuses and they are fine checked my grounds and they are solid. I did have to crimp on more wire (of a thicker gauge) to the light's ground because the wires provided were too short to go anywhere solid.

My next task is to check the relay can I check the lead from the battery into the relay by female terminal with the battery hooked up? I checked all the other connections, but I would think that if the relay was functioning right I would at least get a light on the switch no?! It is probably something dumb that I overlooked, but if you guys have any ideas of how to check the power to the switch let me know. Heres how I wired it.

1.red (hot with inline fuse) to the relay

2.green with tap in connector (also inline fuse) to middle switch connection

3.black leads to the 87 on the relay

4.Two grounds off each light one to the vertical cross member of the radiator mount and the other to an empty screw hole on the pan under the radiator

5.A ground right next to the relay mounted behind the engine fire wall on the driver's side behind the small fuse box

6.I ran the switch wires through the hole on the driver's side fire wall that leads to the A frame of the door and into the truck under the molded piece that meets the dash in the door jam

7.A ground off the switch's ground to the wall next to the door jam

Like i said more than likely something dumb It is too easy for it to be complicated. Thanks guys.

Got it The Splitter from the headlight didn't splice the crappy highbeam wire so I used a t -splitter and gusto worked like a charm.

Do you think the ground from the lights themselves will be ok crimped to a heavier gauge wire then to the frame?