Rear Hatch price question?

BobLoblaw

I'm just wondering what a good price would be for a good condition, entire rear hatch for a '94 XE? Particularly the hatch with the 3rd brake light/washer jet combo in the top-center.

Anyone have a black one in good condition?

depends on where you get it from...i bet a JY tries to charge $400 for it and that may be stripped...

now at the u pull it yard I used to go to has prices like this: and that would include strong arms wing hinges and anything else you could remove that was still attached to it...

Part Name With With Core

Standard As-Is Price Warranty Charge

HATCH W/GLASS $33.93 $5.99 N/A

A whole rear hatch for $35? wow thats cheap! I know there are 3 or 4 pathfinders at the Pick N Pull in Edmonton, depending on where you are it may be worth checking out. Not black as far as I remember, but depending on their price you could always paint it or have it painted.

yea man...full nissan engine (dont know what state it is unless you investigate) but its only like $140...I almost pulled a rear end damage one...until I showed up 10 mins after they opened (scoped it out the night B4) and some chinese #$!&^% had began beating on it and had punched a hole in the oil pan cut the timing belt and was in the process of breakin the intake manfiold open with a BFH...he was trying to get the distributor...i showed him how and he left but I didnt want to take my chances after what he had done to it...

www.pull-a-part.com check their prices its crazy and it was the cleanest JY i've ever been to...I almost got a chevelle hood and fenders just to keep/sale b/c they were perfect and original...i miss getting up early on sats to go...

A whole rear hatch for $35? wow thats cheap! I know there are 3 or 4 pathfinders at the Pick N Pull in Edmonton, depending on where you are it may be worth checking out. Not black as far as I remember, but depending on their price you could always paint it or have it painted.

This is all kinda new to me. How do I get good results from a home paint job? Steps? Preparation? Tools (sanding)? Or can I just paint right over the old colour (I'll be painting it black)?

I have no painting tools, so I'd probably spray paint it with colour matching paint. What would a shop charge to paint just the rear hatch?

the finish is only as good as the surface prep...rattle canning is ok...I've done it on several parts and masked off areas and did touch ups...if you want it to look factory I wouldnt rattle can it b/c i dont think your going to get a perfect match...

as far as shops...it depends on how many coats you put and clear coats and the quality of the paint and what not...maaco may do it pretty cheap...but their cheap coats will fade over time...