87 chutch pedal pressure problem

NWT87PATHY

hello,

this morring i started the pathy let her warm up drove her to work. when i got off work their was no pressure on the clutch pedal!!. So i bled it, It will pump up to normal pressure but when i let it sit for a split second theirs no pressure?

its my daylie driver and i need it to get to work tommrow.. please somebody help!!

-scott

ps. sorry for the spelling error's

Edited by NWT87PATHY

Ok, i just ran out side and checked the slave cylinder, fluid all over the frames cross member, the rubber boot seems to be very loose, i put a hose clamp on it and bled the system, and when i manually pumped the cylinder the gf said theirs bubbels coming out of the resivour with every pump also i can hear a air intake sound.. This is all on the right hand side of the trans right above the most forward cross member

possible the seals in the slave cylinder are shot?,

Edited by NWT87PATHY

I tore my boot a long time ago( i think it was keeping all the fluid in cuze the seals musta been gone) and didn't notice it until I had the positive cable rub throuhg on the frame and melt my battery...so i fixed that...mind you I just drove 5 hrs across NC in snow/ice and still had 2 hrs to go...so after walking a mile in the cold to find the fire alarm had been pulled at the gf at the times dorm I finally got a batteyr and taped up the cable so we could finish the rest of our journey i jump in and hit the cltuch and it went to the floor and stayed...checked and no fluid saw the boot was ripped up...filled it up with fluid and drove the rest of the trip...the next day was spent replacing that and the battery cable

I would say get a new slave cylinder or slave cylinder rebuild kit...

• 2 weeks later...