WHERE to wheel around edmonton/st. albert/ft. sask?

LD50

I need some new places to check out, anyone have suggestions? I know about the safari park.

Safari Park is pretty good and Lee who runs the place is a good guy.

Close to E-Town though, there aint much. The OHV area near Brudherheim (sp?) is probably the safest bet. There's also the Long Lake area but that's a ways out to the NE and is normally only good after freeze-up, too much skeg. To the north up on the Athabasca River just to the east of Fort Assinaboine is the Vega OHV area. That's pretty good, plenty of trails. Not much to the west until you get 1.5 to 2 hrs out of town.

I know some guys from the Edmonton Jeep Club have been playing around in construction sites (big no-no!) and around the river valley near Devon. Again, the Devon area is off limits as it's private property and will only piss folks off at a time when we're fighting hard through the advocacy group Alberta 4WD Assoc (not to be confused with Northern Alberta 4wd Assoc) to keep trails open in the light of pressure from Sustainable Resources and Development Alberta. Seems that 5 guys in 4x4s on an old forestry trail is environmental damage but clear cutting and strip mining are OK 'cos that's big business. Welcome to Alberta I guess.

Sorry for the rant!

Mark

• 1 month later...