99.5 Pathfinder 4x4 indicator light

rkoekman

Recently purchased a 99.5 and the 4x4 indicator is on all the time except when the transfer case is in neutral. The four wheel drive system seems to be working OK. Any ideas as this is my first Pathfinder and first four wheel drive. Thanks in Advance

Try pushing down on the shifter. sometimes the linkage gets stiff. or rusted because the boots on the linkage get ripped and the grease dries up.

Mark

Recently purchased a 99.5 and the 4x4 indicator is on all the time except when the transfer case is in neutral. The four wheel drive system seems to be working OK. Any ideas as this is my first Pathfinder and first four wheel drive. Thanks in Advance

It could also be a bad indicator switch, that's what it was on my 94. Cost around $200 I think to get it fixed, but the light isn't on anymore. It worked fine before and works fine after, just a light preference.

Edited by Soccerstudd5

It could also be a bad indicator switch, that's what it was on my 94. Cost around $200 I think to get it fixed, but the light isn't on anymore. It worked fine before and works fine after, just a light preference.

$200 that is insane. Could not be for labor as the switch would take about 30 secs to replace. disconnect wires unthread switch thread new switch hook up wires done. I could not imagine a switch costing 200 bucks

Mark

$200 that is insane. Could not be for labor as the switch would take about 30 secs to replace. disconnect wires unthread switch thread new switch hook up wires done. I could not imagine a switch costing 200 bucks

Mark

where would I find this indicator switch on a 99 Pathfinder, is it on the transfer case and if so where. Thanks